02 January 2009

vision board

Photobucket

The gospel according to Google says that a vision board (see sample pic above) is simply a visual representation or collage of the things that you want to have, be, or do in your life. The purpose of a vision board is to activate the law of attraction which states that we attract into our lives anything that we give attention to, regardless whether it be positive or negative.

The concept of the vision board (also known as a goal board, goal map, or treasure map) has been around for generations, but it has gained a renewed interest and popularity after John Goddard---the number one goal achiever in the world---reveals that it’s his greatest secret, something that has helped him achieve over 550 major goals.

A personal vision board is only limited by one’s own creativity. And so for myself, I have designed my 2009 vision board in such a way that it includes most of the general elements. It’s highly visual to begin with because my college psychology teacher said that the subconscious mind works in pictures and images. By putting more pictures and phrases, I increase its capacity to draw emotional response from me. Simply put, the mere sight of my vision board should fuel my passion to achieve it.

While others place their vision board out in the open, I have mine inside my bedroom. Strategically located, it’s the first thing I see in the morning when I wake up; it’s also the last thing I see in the evening when I sleep. Yes, there’s something personal behind this. Not that I can’t handle criticism which is said to damage the delicate energy that my vision board emits, it’s just that I hate it when people ask me for justifications.

I’ve been doing a vision board for two years now, and I say that, on the average, it has helped me gain focus, enough for me to have achived most of my goals for a given year. Regrettably I can’t say the same for my new year resolutions of old.

5 comments:

  1. i have one too. but it's not done yet. it has singapore on it. and a half a million check for me. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, deans. thank you for dropping by.

    with the way things are looking up for you, the singapore and the half-million check are done deals.

    pasalubong at balato ko ha? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huli kaw!! Welcome backs, dude!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, resty.

    na surprise naman ako dun. buti't nagawi ka rito. ooppps, me and my "tagalog."

    di ko pa rin makuha yong tinuro mo kung paano mag "hyperlink." grrrr! need to try it again.

    thanks for dropping by, though i cringe at the thought, knowing you're such a passionate blogger and one hell of a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have my own vision board, among its content is an image of a DSLR camera. Unfortunately I dont see the DSLR picture often, it seems to frequent the table rather than the board. I don't know if it just falls off the board or sinasabutahi ako ng mrs ko.

    ReplyDelete