22 March 2009

Armani via Facebook

Photobucket

I'm wearing an Armani on my wrist! And thanks to Facebook.

Let me explain.

Somewhere in this blog, I said that I'm no fan of internet social networks. In fact, I've declined---okay, ignored!---invites from well-meaning friends to this and that clique in cyberspace, including Facebook. But then came an invite from a friend who's so special I simply could not say "No!"

I go back a long way with this friend; we were classmates at the University of San Carlos in Cebu City. Pretty in a sweet way, quiet and very intelligent, she graduated cum laude and became a CPA six months after graduation in 1985.

She worked with PAL for sometime. And because we lost contact, I didn't know she had resigned.

And so I was pleasantly surprised when I received her email in 2007. When I asked her how did she get my e-addy, she said: Haven't you heard of ZoomInfo?

We played catch-up. I found out that she's now in California where she's doing fine; that she has had life changing experiences but has since then moved on, putting everything behind her; that she has remained beautiful and younger looking, making me suspect she has genetic defect that makes her age in reverse.

When she learned that I'm an occasional writer who reads a lot, she made me tell her the books I liked. And these she sent all the way from California!

Boy, was I lucky!

Since then we swap emails and chat online. Later when she invited me to Facebook, I accepted without second thoughts.

And now, this:

Photobucket


She brought it when she went home last February. And because we didn't see each other, she left it with her anesthesiologist brother who's the head of the anesthesia department over at the Philippine Orthopedic Center. Gingot got it for me (thanks Ging).

I'm no watch person. I went through high school and college without owning one. It was only during my Singapore trip last year that I began to look at watches with fresh eyes and bought three. Cheap, yes, but I really like them. And to me, that's all that matters.

But with this Armani, I swear, it looks good on the wrist.

Thank you so, so much Ms. Carol Macaranas!

2 comments:

  1. I'm speechless...you are so sweet...c

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, carol.

    have you noticed? i was silent on the "jilting" part. wahahahaha

    ReplyDelete