09 March 2009

finally, my dream subjects

As I drove home yesterday, I got this text message from Dr. Omas-as, the Vice President for Academic Affairs of Surigao del Sur Polytechnic State College:

Gd pm Mel. u hv 2 subjcts ds summer 2009: adm of communication n nformation and human resource mgnt.

I almost released the steering wheel!

Been wanting to teach these subjects at the graduate school but what I get are usually "spoils," subjects that are either "new," ergo no established syllabus yet, or those that professors find "hard" to teach for reasons known only to them.

Not that I don't enjoy my present subjects---Public Administration and the Economy and Public Administration and Social Change---, it's just that I like better the new subjects because I feel I have so much to share, especially in the area of Human Resource Management, which is my forte.

Bring summer on. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. hello sir, i was also excited that you will be teaching HRD this summer coz it is one of the fields that i really need to improve on. i was ready to cancel my summer plans when i found out after visiting dr. omas-as that it will be offered for MBA students since this subject is not in the MPA curriculum . kasayang gayud sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, sweetie.

    oh, that's sad. i didn't know it's for MBA students because dr. omas-as didn't tell me.

    what do you mean HRD is not in the MPA curriculum? over at USeP-Davao, HRD is a field of concentration for MPA. in fact, it's my major.

    sayang. are you presently under me at SSPSC grad school?

    thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sir,

    thanks for the prompt reply. presently, SSPSC has two MPA curriculum, the old one and the one without thesis that was just implemented last school year. i still have to check if any of these has HRD in the course offerings. regarding your query if i am presently your student, laong pa nila sir, YESTERDAY!

    i have been a fan since my high school days and was religiously following your writings be it in the Inquirer, lurking in your old blog~ Lucid Intervals, your posts in the Tago website and now here in vignette. i hope you will not think that i am your stalker sir ha? and please don't ask for my identity kay sa una pa daan sir masipogi na ako sa imo.

    continue inspiring us sir, you are doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweetie,

    thank you so, so much; i'm humbled. you must be present last saturday when i told my class i would teach even if i don't get paid because it's my passion and i get a different kind of high from it.

    unsolicited comments like these are what keep me going.

    and yes, judging from your very good writing (it has USC written all over it!), i think i know who you are. and this i will validate on saturday when we have our finals.

    ReplyDelete