31 December 2011

wearing Broadway on my Levi's from UK

When 2011 concedes to 2012 tonight, I will be wearing Broadway on my Levi's from UK.

The boot cut, “Made in Mexico” Levi’s sold for P200 in a UK joint fronting the house of Mrs. Carmencita Montesclaros in Tandag. When I saw the “gash” on the knee, I knew it was meant for me.

I haggled for P100 but the salesperson said the lowest he could go was P150. I walked away, praying he would call me back. He did!

As I was holding my Levi’s, my mind was already going on maximum overdrive on how to jazz it up.


(it's Les Miserables!)



I went to Nong Vencio Fabor to have the gash zigzagged in the way I wanted. While the waistline was perfect for me, the length wasn’t. I was “41”, my UK Levi’s was “48”. It was painful letting go of the beautifully torn hemline.


(a repro of the painting by Cebu's famous artist but whose name shall remain a secret.)


Then I went to my artist. When I gave him the designs and he said he could do them, I had palpitations. I told him I will bid adieu to 2011 in style, he said my wish is his command.

I got my wish; he got his bonus.

2012 here I come!




(the gash details that had been zigzagged to specs! i specifically requested the artist not to smear the gash with paint.)

No comments:

Post a Comment