24 January 2010

Mabuhay update

In my previous post I wrote how difficult it was for me to write about the beauty of Surigao del Sur in just 800 words. I've used a lot of paper and ink for the rewrites before deciding to submit it last Friday, three days ahead of deadline.

I had my reasons: 1) should my article need a rewrite, I still had time to do it before deadline; and 2) I was hoping Mabuhay would like the article, enough to make me expand it.

Then this morning, I got a reply. Here goes:


Hi *insert my name here,*

Thanks for sending them early.

Overall, the article is great; Surigao del Sur is indeed a hidden gem. However, could you kindly make some minor revisions/clarifications to your article? (I realize it's mostly because of the word limit, but you can disregard that for these. ) Here they are:

1. Please rewrite "Three Surigao del Sur's must visit:" into complete introductory sentence/s.
2. What is the "world's smallest bird" mentioned in your article? (I thought it was the Bee Hummingbird, but it seems these are not endemic to the Philippines?)
3. Please include a short closing paragraph to tie everything together.
4. Finally, could you still add a short write-up on Hinatuan's Enchanted River? Jojie has beautiful photos of it, and I thought it would be a pity to leave it out. If so, kindly include the contact person for this as well (if applicable).

Many thanks!


Sincerely,

Manna Marquez
Editorial Coordinator
Mabuhay magazine
Eastgate Publishing Corporation
Tel. +632 633-4004 to 09


YAY! YAY! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment