22 September 2011

my letter to sammy

Dear Sammy,

Your FB status says you’re at Kaiser Permanente Pediatrics but something in me says this is not true. Knowing you to love la dolce vita, you’re at---and I’m guessing now---Grand Sheraton or Hyatt Regency in downtown Sacramento. Of course that’s assuming you’re not in Beverly Hills enjoying the world’s most expensive and extravagant spa treatments like getting a facial made of gold; having a massage with diamonds in hot rocks; taking a bath in beer; dipping yourself in fountains of wine; washing your hair (whatever’s left of it) with fishy caviar; and having pedicures made of rare edibles like White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle!

If there’s one thing you do best, it’s pampering yourself in style! And you deserve it because you don’t only work hard, it’s your birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAM!



I always take pride in saying that I have few friends---if that's being choosy, then shoot me!--- but these are the friends I want to grow old with. And you’re one of them. No, this is not because we belong to the same Church or you lavish me with things that others can only wish for: Oscar de la Renta? Check! Ferragamo? Check! Armani? Check! Hugo Boss? Check! Cartier? Hmmmm….;p

You’re one of the few people who can truly make me laugh. And it amuses me no end when you, knowing misspelling and wrong grammar make me want to go ballistic, attempt to kill me with your “spelling” skills. But that’s one quirk I like in you.

We go way back, you and I. Remember the thing that happened at the gangplank of Cokaliong? Or the time when I was treated for thyroid cancer at Cebu Doctors Hospital and you kept me company even from a distance because I was exuding radioactive stuff? I may not have articulated verbally my gratitude to you, but I really appreciate what you did. And it’s something I will treasure for the rest of my life.

I’m so proud and happy for you for rearing a beautiful family. I know you’re not a perfect father---who is?--- but I’m sure Gian and Jacob will never trade you for Donald Trump or Brad Pitt. I’m not sure though with Helena, especially the Pitt thing. Hahahaha! Joke.

Because you’re a dear friend, it is my prayer that God will continue to bless you in your journey towards becoming a better father, husband, and friend. And it is my wish that you get everything your heart desires because you deserve it.

We love you. Happy birthday, Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment