19 September 2010

hosting

Photobucket

They say that hosting is something I do well. And you do more what you do best.

Last week, I had another opportunity to use my emceeing skill at the 3rd Mindanao Investment Conference, a corollary activity of the 19th Mindanao Business Conference held at the Grand Caprice in Cagayan de Oro City. I must’ve made an impact because the organizers (Oro Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc.) requested me, through our Assistant Regional Director, to host the next day’s event. I begged off because I brought only one business attire. Vanity, you say? No, just my belief that a host should look as good as he sounds. Buy, you say? No, not when I'm doing it pro bono.

As emcee, my competitive edge is I can work without a script. I’m also quick on my feet, doing one-liner adlibs without missing a beat. I don’t know, but words come easy to me. But then again, I have been building my arsenal of alphabets, if you can call it that, through countless hours of reading practically about anything under the sun.

Photobucket

Twelve years ago I was diagnosed to have thyroid cancer and was told to undergo thyroidectomy. The first thing I asked the surgeon was: Will I lose my voice? Well, that sums up pretty much how I love hosting!

***

Photobucket
at the business matching room with friends from DTI-Caraga.

Photobucket
with Ms. Margie Garay, the wife of Cong. Garay of Bislig

No comments:

Post a Comment