03 April 2009

self-googling

once in a while i google myself. and as always, results amuse me.

* ZoomInfo Open Directory listed my org as INQ7 (partly correct) and my location, Daly City, California.

* linkedin.com got whatever sketchy information it has about me right.

* Philippine eLib holds a copy of my thesis, The Tulong Sa Tao Micro-Credit Project : An Assessment. (this one really surprised me)

* most of my articles published by the Philippine Daily Inquirer have been posted, nay mangled, by travel sites. obviously something happened in the cut-and-paste process.

* mindanaoculture.com published my very, very crude short story, Manti-anak. i never fail to cringe each time it pops.

what about you, have you tried it?

2 comments:

  1. yes, i have. what did i find? nothing. just that i'm apparently one of the "sizzling FHM babes" on the FHM site. they got my correct birthdate and email address posted on their site, too!

    how did i end up there? some breach of privacy protection committed by a wholesome online forum i signed up to. unfortunately, it was unclear to me that forum had a partnership with FHM. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, anonymous.

    how lucky can you get! while others are willing to give their right arm just to earn a space in FHM, you had yours for a song. ^_^

    thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete